Contact us for a quote.
Perfect for rigid and flexible packages, the Horizontal Seal Strength Tester MCD100 can be used for up to 1” wide samples from flexible packages, cups, or other shaped packages with custom fixtures. Complies with ASTM test method F88.
- Small footprint stainless steel and anodized aluminum construction
- 100% pneumatic grippers and sample holder to improve testing ease and speed
- Advanced stepper motor design
- VM5-10 digital force gauge can easily be removed for calibration
- Zero backlash ball screw with permanent lubrication
- High level of safety – no pinch points
- Mobile gripper automatically returns to start position.
- 4“ (100 mm) maximum cross-head travel
- RS-232 Data output for use with VEI data collection software
- Cross-head speed of 12 inches per minute (300 millimeters per minute) calibrated
- May be factory programmed with other speeds (between 1 and 36 ipm or 25 to 900 millimeters per minute)
- Supported 180 degrees peel or unsupported peel test ready
- Dimensions: 20.5”L x 7.25”W x 9.25”H (520 mm x 185 mm x 235 mm)
- Instrument weight: 24 pounds (11 kilograms)
- Required utilities are 120 VAC or 230 VAC
- Compressed air required is 60 psi (4 bar)
- Up to 1” wide samples from flexible packages
- Cups or other shaped packages with custom fixtures
This instrument complies with ASTM test method F88. More information regarding this test method can be found here: ASTM F88 Standard Test Method for Seal Strength of Flexible Barrier Materials