- Stainless steel and anodized aluminum construction.
- Pneumatic grippers improve testing ease and speed.
- Stepper motor design equipped with a digital controller.
- Digital force gauge can easily be removed for calibration.
- Zero backlash ball screw with permanent lubrication.
- High level of safety – no pinch points, safety interlock equipped.
- Mobile gripper automatically returns to start position.
- 11-3/4″ maximum cross head travel.
- User can test any tray with sides over 1¼” and up to 3½”depth or 5″ depth for model HST180 .
- RS-232 Data output for use with VEI data collection software.
- Multiple speed drive 8, 10 and 12 inches per minute (calibrated).
- May be factory programmed with other speeds (up to 48 ipm).
- Includes tray universal sample cutter.
- Includes 1″ wide sample cutter for pouches.
- Required utilities are 120-240 VAC and 60 psi compressed air.
This instrument complies with ASTM test method F88. More information regarding this test method can be found here: ASTM F88 Standard Test Method for Seal Strength of Flexible Barrier Materials